How's the Weather

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Welcome to My Classroom

Well, actually 2 rooms. Yes, I have 2 classrooms and it is takes every inch of space with the 16+ preschoolers (special ed. and some typical). The first room is in a fiesta theme and the second room is a western theme.

Here's the tour!

The door to the first classroom. Students will enter here in the mornings, drop off back packs, go potty and have a seat to watch a short video while we wait for all of the buses to arrive.

Photobucket

"Nacho Ordinary Preschool" I scanned a dorito off of a bag of chips to make the paper chips with their names on it.
Photobucket
Photobucket

The view from when you first walk in. We also have Circle Time, lunch, snack and the occasional movie time in here.
Photobucket

Other views of this room. Yes, that's my little Emily! She's in several pics. She helped mama get the room ready. Actually she strowed toys while I tried to clean things up. :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

My Character Ed. Bulletin Board. See, you can do a black background.
Photobucket

Outside the door of my second room. "WANTED: Preschoolers Who Are Ready To Have Fun!"
Photobucket

The view inside from the door.
Photobucket
Other views of this room. The shelves by the fridge will be where they snack baskets go.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The round table near the door will hold my 2 computers for my computer center. I haven't got them out yet.

Boot Scootin' Into Preschool. I am going to put little boots with their names on there later. I haven't got them finished yet.
Photobucket

My Floor Time area.
Photobucket
Photobucket

My Hands On Center area (fine motor skills, matching, puzzles, stringing beads, Mr. Potato Head, sorting, pegs, language games, etc.
Photobucket

The "Table Work" area (pre-academics, writing, etc.)
Photobucket

Nap Mat Storage... I know you really wanted to see all those mats and blankets all stacked up. Ha Ha!
Photobucket

And last but not least!!! The POTTY!! LOL We actually have 2 bathrooms side by side between the classrooms and a changing area, too.
Photobucket

Well, that concludes the tour of my preschool special ed./inclusion classroom.
Hope you enjoyed it! Y'all come back now!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the nacho idea! Very cute classroom!

MamaSnapped said...

Thanks! Things look better in person. I think I should have done my pics bigger, too. Oh well! :)

Mrs. Full said...

I'm searching for classroom decorating ideas tonight and I found your blog- - you have an adorable classroom! The nacho board is too cute.

Anonymous said...

Love your decorating ideas and classroom pics... They look really great... Miss Em looks like she is ready for preschool too!

Wendy said...

Wow looks great! More power to you and teaching! My Mother just retired from teaching for 32 years, NOT my cup of tea!! It takes someone very special to teach and you have my deepest regards in that matter!! LOL...

C.Thompson said...

Your rooms look awesome!!