How's the Weather

Friday, July 18, 2008

I'm Back!

The training went great! I was the only one there. There was supposed to be someone else, but they never showed up, so I got one -on-one training! I was done around 2pm each day, so I had to find ways to entertain myself in the evenings. Staying in the motel with little to watch on TV got bored QUICKLY! I kept the road hot all over Tuscaloosa and Northport... hit Walmart, the malls, Target, some antique malls, a couple of teacher supply stores and a few Bama campus bookstores. I also found the Bama Belle Riverboat. Here are some of the pics I took. ENJOY!!

The Bama Belle
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

A couple of pics of a branch off of the river.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Pics along the riverwalk.
Photobucket
Photobucket

A statue of the great Paul "Bear" Bryant, former coach of the Crimson Tide.
Photobucket
Sillouette with sunflare shot of him. (It was not the best time of day to get the shots, but you work with what you got.)
Photobucket
All of the former coaches... not the best shot either.
Photobucket

This is just something I found funny at the motel I was staying at. I was in a non-smoking room. Tell me something - Why put an ashtry upside down in a non-smoking room with a no-smoking sticker on it? WHY? LOL How goofy is that???
Photobucket

Go Figure!

It was a nice trip and all but I'm glad to be back home! Now, if Emily will just come back tomorrow! She's been at my mother-in-laws this week. :)

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Lori these are great photos!! Love the riverboat! Love how they had the coach statues situated. I'm sure my husband would know who you took photos of, lol...And if you know me the butterfly/moth photo was sweet! Looks like a beautiful place for photos and glad you had time to enjoy yourself. Laughing at the ashtray, go figure!

A Wonderful World said...

Thanks for linking my blog! And ROLL TIDE!!!