How's the Weather

Saturday, April 3, 2010

My first trip to Publix... Spent $122.93, SAVED $214.65!!

I've been learning how to extreme coupon. I hit Publix for the first time on March 31st. I went in with my printed list from Southern Savers and a huge pile in my coupon organizer. I racked up on a bunch of B1G1 deals and several other sales!!

This picture would tell more if I had taken everything out but after 3 hours in Publix, the trip home and bedtime lurking, I needed to get the cold stuff in the fridge and the rest put up, too.
Photobucket

Photobucket

And just for the fun of it... the full length of the receipt! I'm 5'6" and it was long than I am tall!
Photobucket

Off the top of my head I stocked up on Ronzoni pasta and Classico sauces. I got some Yoplait Greek yogurt (try free + 30c off coupon that got doubled!) Used the mystery penny item for that loaf of bread plus other loaves using those Kraft cheese/Oscar Mayer lunchmeat coupons ($2 off Publix bread).

I WAS SO PROUD OF MYSELF!!! The cashier, poor girl. It was her first day. Guess I broke her in good! The cashier next to her, the lady she was checking out and the bagger were stunned at the savings!! So was I!

I went back tonight to get a few more things before the sale went off (had to hunt up some coupons and hope another item was restocked. I also stocked up on Capri Suns while they were on sale. I spent around $21 and saved around $24. Can't complain!

Until next time!!!! Have a great Easter!!!!

No comments: